Friday, November 7, 2008

first note

Just what the world needs- another website about music. But I’m arrogant, so I don’t care. I plan on this mostly focusing on rock n’roll, but I also have a taste for other genres, so those will be included too. This will mostly just be a bunch of album reviews and occasional gig reviews, but I’m not able to make it to as many shows as I’d like, so those are few and far between. I’ll do new album reviews, but I also plan on sharing my thoughts on classic and older albums. Probably not as articulate as most in the music press, but I’m doing it for love and not because it’s my job.

This has grown out of several bands contacting me on MySpace. I find I enjoy some of these bands, and I’ll do my best to spread the word with this blog. For instance, Satin Gum. You’ve probably never heard of them, but they’re pretty great, methinks.

Oh yeah, and there might be a lot of bitching about Guitar Hero. My roommate just bought the new World Tour game, and nobody’s gotten any sleep around here for a week.

No comments: