Tuesday, December 23, 2008

GTF

I was sitting around at a bar with some friends of mine last night. As it usually does, the conversation turned to music. The question was posed- what is your absolute, 100%, can-never-change favorite song?

I thought about it for a while. I have lots of favorite songs. But finding a song that could meet the above criteria seemed daunting. Then, it hit me. It's that song that takes me out of whatever mood I'm in and sends the soul of everyone who hears it to the heavens- 'Given To Fly' by Pearl Jam.

I challenge you, whoever actually comes by this joint- next time you're feeling down (these days, who isn't feeling down?) by hook or by crook, find this song. (You should buy the album, it's Pearl Jam's masterpiece. And it's like ten bucks these days.) Crank this song as loud as you dare, and for a time, you'll forget what was bothering you.

No comments: