Sunday, February 1, 2009

this week's gets

CD-
The Best of Bob Dylan- a cheap collection I found at Wal-Mart. I really can't say much, except that since FYE closed here a few weeks ago, Wal-Mart is pretty much the only place to get decent stuff. (Fuck Best Buy.)

The Flaming Lips- At War with the Mystics- I've been meaning to get into the Lips for a while, so I figured it may as well be now. It's great.

Paid download-
Metallica- World Magnetic- Des Moines, IA 10/26/08- I've been wanting to do this for a while, and I finally did it. I was surprised by it. I figured it'd be a soundboard recording with no audience track, but it was as perfectly balanced as you can hope for a live recording to be between audience noise and band sound quality. But at $10 a whack, I doubt I'll buy any more shows from the tour, even though they've played some really great tunes at all shows during the encore.

No comments: