Monday, February 16, 2009

this week's gets

CD-
Jenny Lewis- Acid Tongue- Great, great stuff. I'm quite disappointed in myself for taking so long to buy it.

Metallica- Kill 'Em All- yet another necessary piece in the quest to rebuild my 'Tallica catalog. Oh yeah, and it has 'The Four Horsemen' on it, not to mention the 19-year-old buffoons that made up Metallica in '83 on the back cover.

Vinyl-
Bruce Springsteen- Working on a Dream- It's damn good, plus I got a download of the album in the package, negating the need for a seperate CD purchase. The album as a whole doesn't have anything on The Rising, but it seems to close a trilogy started with that album, continued with Magic, and ended here. There's a certain assuredness to the album as a whole, except for the bonus track, The Wrestler, which was written for the Darren Aronofsky film that everyone but me has seen. It doesn't really fit with the rest of the album, which would be why it's a bonus track.

I also scored a sampler of new music for 2009 from Classic Rock magazine, but I haven't listened to it yet.

No comments: