Sunday, September 20, 2009

recent gets

Picked up some great stuff this weekend. Firstly, I found a nice vinyl reissue of Megadeth's 'Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?' at Hot Topic. Best part was, it was clearance priced, so they knocked 50% off, so I got it for $8. Yep, a brand new vinyl album for $8. Not bad any way you choose to slice it. Then I popped over to Target, since the Muse album just came out and was still on sale. I didn't get that one, however. I picked up Megadeth's newest CD, called 'Endgame.' Good news, everyone- Dave Mustaine is still pissed at people, can still really shred on the geeetar, and has surrounded himself with yet another lineup, I think it's the 1,086th lineup Megadeth has seen. Anyway, they are all pretty decent musicians, even if you figure that they're just session dudes and Dave is really Megadeth.
I also picked up a 7" single of Pearl Jam's 'The Fixer', which was weird. I haven't seen anything on vinyl at Target in almost 20 years, but when you consider that Backspacer is exclusive to Target, they probably just went for the jugular this time. If you care, it was a white vinyl version, and no, I'll probably never play it, just like the rest of my PJ 7".

I also got my copy of Backspacer from the Ten Club on Saturday. It's awesome. Pearl Jam finally has a spark, after spending all of this decade without one. Seriously, I haven't liked a PJ album this much since Yield, and that's my desert island album. I doubt Backspacer will ever take over that spot, but it's a good damn album that you should go buy at Target, the 10c, iTunes, or your local CIMS shop if you're lucky enough to have one in your city, since those are the only places it's available.

And I still have yet to pick up that new Muse album...

No comments: